Hello and welcome to the Reception web page.
Reception teachers this year are: Miss Evans, Mrs MacFarlane and Mrs Wong.
We are supported in class by Mrs McGregor, Miss Taylor and Mrs Edbrook.
This term we will be learning all about monsters. Our stories are “The Gruffalo” and “The Three Billy Goats Gruff”. We are launching our topic by a cinema experience in school complete with popcorn. We will be doing and learning lots of interesting and exciting things including:
• A morning visit to Coombe Dingle (Blaise) looking for the troll (RAE –29.1.19 / RKM – 31.1.19 / RCW – 31.1.19). We will need parent helpers to make this trip possible. Please let your child’s teacher know if you are able to help.
• Designing and making bridges, large and small scale, at home. On Wednesday 13th February parents are invited to come into school to see our Bridge Exhibition from the children’s home learning activity.
• Retelling the stories using story maps.
• Creating innovated versions of the stories.
• Designing a new land on the other side of the bridge.
• Fact finding about goats and other farm animals.
• Following trails and making maps.
• Learning about different habitats.
• Learning about farm animals – their homes, matching adults to their young, finding out about the products farm animals give us.
• Looking after our pets, with an opportunity to bring in photos of our pets and also bring your pet to school on Friday 8th February at 2pm (please check with your child’s class teacher first!).