Hello and welcome to the Year 2 web page.
Year 2 teachers this year are: Miss Harris, Mrs O'Shea, Mrs Horsted and Miss Seymour.
We are supported in class by Mrs Rowe, Mrs Hendrickson, Mrs Hill and Mrs Clark.
This term we will be studying a design technology topic titled, ‘Mrs Armitage - How could she get there?’
We have launched the topic by constructing the bike from the story, ‘Mrs Armitage’s wheels’, using props.
• We will be looking at the teacher’s cars and labelling the different parts.
• As technologists, we will be investigating a range of materials best used for wheels.
• As artists, we will be learning how to sketch different vehicles.
• We are planning a trip to Haynes Motor Museum, which will include a tour and workshop.
• We will be designing and making our own vehicles using different materials.
To conclude our topic we will testing our vehicles to see which can travel the furthest judging them for the best design.