What is a Parents' Forum?
• It is a body of parents, representing parents, run by parents with the support of the school.
• It is a forum for parents to come together to share ideas, and put their views forward to the head teacher and governors.
• It gives parents a voice and increases their active involvement in decision making, fostering a culture of ownership and participation.
• It develops a partnership between the school and parents/careers in order to support and promote children’s learning.
• It has an advisory role and a consultative role between parents to the governing body.
• It is a solutions focused group.
• A place for the school to learn more about its parents and parents to learn more
about the school.
• A group that is clear about its purpose and decides its agenda in partnership.
A Parents' Forum is not:
• A decision making body. It is involved in discussions and consultations, and coming up with recommendations. But it is the governing body that make the decisions and decide the strategic way forward for a school.
• The channel for individual complaints/issues or concerns.
Concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or staff will not be discussed. These should follow normal school procedures.
This does not stop parents giving their views on topics being discussed.
• A replacement for the governing body or PTA.
• A group that will become involved in staffing of financial issues.
Schools that have developed a Parents' Forum have found it to be extremely beneficial in breaking down barriers between parents and school, and allowing parents to become more involved in supporting their children’s education. It also helps drive forward the school improvement agenda through parents taking more ownership of the success of the school and feeling involved in the plans that are made.
Chair of Parent Forum – Naomi Rogalska
Email: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: - Knowle Park Parents Forum
Please click the link below to see our list of Parent Forum Representatives. Parents are welcome to approach Parents Forum Reps face to face with any positive feedback or concerns they may have.
Dates of meetings taking place during this academic year are:-